Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
29 Jul 2010
Diet pills & trying to conceive
I''ve been struggling to conceive for the past couple of years now. My husband and i did all the necessary tests - i was told that my left fallopian tube is damaged for life, my husband was told that 80% of his sperm is abdormal but we still had a chance to conceive regardless. I''ve since had a few procedures done to increase my chances of conceiving but to no avail , ive done artificial insemination, ive had a laparoscopy done, D& C, Cysectomy, ive taken fertomid, etc. Slowly but surely im starting to lose hope. Ive decided to stop trying and try to focus my energies on something else. I have''nt lost hope entirely though, i still pray that maybe someday it''ll happen unexpectadly. In the interim, ive gained a few pounds, so, ive decided to take diet pills (Ciplatrim). A friend of mine told me that diet pills makes one fertile. Is this a fact ? If not, am i somehow decreasing my chances of conceiving?
The diet pills will not make you fertile. It sounds like your next option is IVF.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- Trying to cut down on your meat intake? Experts suggest you should just look at it
- Fighting the flu season: Two experts answer key questions about the flu shot
- WATCH | How face masks protect you against Covid-19
- Covid-19: is obesity really more of a risk factor for men than women?
- THE ESKOM FILES | Money for jam: StefStocks, Basil Read accused of fleecing millions from Kusile 'scheme'
- State alleges Nafiz Modack manages criminal enterprise
- How the EFF wants to change the Constitution
- Bruce Cameron | What you need to know about disability assurance and mental health
- Unfriendly fire: Top cop Khehla Sitole, fired Crime Intelligence boss Peter Jacobs trade blame over Kinnear murder
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20304 votes