Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
05 Aug 2010
discharge and abdomenal pains
I was diagnosed with dysfunctional viginal bleeding 2 years back, had a fibroid removed from my uterus last year and had an IUCD ( mirena) inserted. i haven''t gotten my period since the insertion ( 13months back) but I have a white discharge sometimes it''s pinkish, it doesn''t smell. I have to wear a pantiliner all the time, I use up to 4 a day for this discahrge. I suffer from chronic lower abdomenal cramps radiating to my lower back and around my anus. Sometimes they are so bad i miss school. Help.
It is normal not to have periods with the Mirena and a pinkish discharge off and on would also be normal. However, abdominal pain and a discharge suggests an infection. See your doctor to assess.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Energy drink habit puts man in hospital with heart failure
- Frequently interrupted sleep increases the risk of death, especially in women
- Is your stuffy nose 'stuffing up' your brain?
- Scientists warn against videos alleged to be showing adverse Covid-19 vaccine side effects
- OPINION | Ivermectin: Why a potential Covid-19 treatment isn’t recommended for use
- Khaya Sithole | Can SA run a vaccine claims fund when the RAF is in such a mess?
- ANALYSIS | The ANC's tactics to control Parliament laid bare at Zondo commission
- What were the trends in Wednesday's by-elections? We ask 3 analysts
- Carbon emissions to surge to second-largest increase in history as economies ramp up
- Zondo commission: Zuma relied on alleged lack of security clearance to institute inquiry against Nxasana
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9439 votes
68% - 20041 votes