Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
12 Jul 2007
Drugs used for ovarian stimulation
I am interested in egg donation, however, I have read that the drugs used can cause OHSS (ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome). Is this likely to occur with me? Are these drugs safe?
OHSS occurs more often with the use of FSH/LH preparations. You will probably be given Clomid. Although there is a chance of ovarian hyperstimulation, this is small.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- What happens if you walk into a vaccination site? We break it down
- Covid-19: Delta variant symptoms include headache, runny nose – can feel 'more like a bad cold'
- Do we really need to walk 10 000 steps a day?
- How forensic experts used genetic genealogy to help solve a grisly double murder - 16 years later
- Does a plant-based diet really help beat Covid-19?
- Tembisa 10: Independent Media, Rampedi demand evidence from govt - to prove their own story
- OBITUARY | Kenneth ‘KK’ Kaunda: One of the last of a generation of African liberation leaders
- THE ESKOM FILES | 'False and fabricated': How Eskom officials colluded with construction giants
- Rural areas leading the way in registering people for Covid-19 vaccinations - health dept
- Mbhazima Shilowa | What's with the secrecy around the SAA deal?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
31% - 9519 votes
69% - 20856 votes