Ask an expert

05 Feb 2004

Extreme pain on walls of vagina
Hi Doc,

Please could you tell me what could be possibly wrong - when my husband and i have sex there is such a burning (almost as if its raw) on the inside of the walls of my vagina. I am sufficiently lubricated so its not that i am dry.

I thought i had infection so i got covospor and have used it for a week long but it is still the same.

I have made an appointment at the gynae but can only get one on the 6 of march. Please could you advise me what to do.

Thank you
Answer 355 views

01 Jan 0001

The usual things would be lack of lubrication or an infection. If you do not feel that it is either of these, you will have to wait for a full examination by your doctor. You could see your GP in the meantime.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9378 votes
67% - 19421 votes