Ask an expert

09 Aug 2007

faecal inconstinence
i feel very embarassed to approach this subject.Since the birth of my daughter 20 mnths ago i have faecal inconstinence.I had an epidural and epiostomy at the time of the birth.Do i need to go for a surgical procedure to rectify this.
Answer 480 views

01 Jan 0001

There may have been damage to your rectum. You should go for an assessment and there is surgery that can be done to rectify this.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9364 votes
67% - 19337 votes