Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
03 Apr 2007
Fertile mucus before period?
I have a clear, watery discharge for three days. It's not like other fertile mucus: when I ovulate my mucus is stretchy, but this is really like saliva from the mouth and I'm wet but this isn't stretchy. I am at the end of my cycle and I expect my period anytime. It really looks like fertile mucus but at the wrong time. I'm not sexually active, I don't use any hormonal contraceptives, and I have monthly periods. Why is this- am I ovulating just before my period?
The ovulation mucus is stretchy. Other hormonal changes in the second half of the cycle can cause the clear discharge you describe.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Ditch the itch – using bacteria to combat eczema flareups
- Covid then vs Covid now: The emergence of variants and how the virus has evolved
- Breast cancer: Is milk a risk factor?
- An obsession with ‘likes’ on social media akin to animals seeking food rewards, new study reports
- Covid-19 damages the heart by killing its muscle cells, study finds
- What we know about the charges against former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste
- The big picture | ‘The loss of humanity’: South Africa and the Global South’s battle for Covid-19 vaccine justice
- Karyn Maughan | How the WC Judge President has faced 10 major scandals, without any sanction
- 'You can never take a break': Workers speak on SA's grim Covid-19 anniversary
- Mark Gevisser | Covid-19: One year on, and a deepening inequality
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9375 votes
67% - 19415 votes