Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
30 Jul 2007
Hi, I had a miscarriage in January and my doctor did all kinds of tests. He discovered that the endometrial lining in my uterus was not thick enough to support a growing infant and put me on Femoston 1/10, as a side effect of those hormones is that the lining will thicken. It took me 2 years to fall pregnant and I have now completed the hormones, but have had no luck in falling pregnant again. I am quite desperate and don't know what to do anymore. I was wondering if something like Clomid would help me and if I should try to get it.? And also is it possible that my falling pregnant the first time might have just been a fluke? I have also heard somebody talking about Dr. Collins fertility tablets, what is it, and can I get it somewhere and will it help? Please help me!! I have made another apointment with my doctor, but he can only see me on the 27th of August. Maybe you can give me some advise in the meantime. Thank you.
The fact that you fell pregnant is a good sign. It is only 6 months since the miscarriage, so give it more time. CLomid will only help if you are not ovulating. Rather steer clear of the homeopathic remedies for now. Work out when you ovulate and have sex around that time.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Five a day: Two fruits and three vegetables daily linked to greater life expectancy
- Another coronavirus variant detected in SA, but no reason to panic, says KRISP director
- Baby infected with coronavirus in the womb - new study
- Napping in the afternoon can improve memory and alertness – here’s why
- Immune response in some Covid-19 patients different to those in other respiratory viruses - study
- Local govt elections: IEC to meet with political parties 'sometime this month'
- Crime Intelligence: Night of the long knives sees Peter Jacobs fall
- No 'concrete' evidence judges were bribed to favour Zuma, Dlodlo tells Parliament
- Local Covid-19 discovery may lead to better global vaccine development
- Why healthcare staff working in clinics are being turned away from vaccination sites in Eastern Cape
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9371 votes
67% - 19387 votes