Ask an expert

02 Apr 2007

can i get help finding a specialist in fibroids. i have been told by my gynae that i have to have remove my uterus because my fibroids are too large. this is not an option for me as i have researched a lot about this condition. if only i could get someone who is willing to help me. i am so desperate. its been three years trying to find a good doctor, but all i get is a response i do not want.
Answer 1,110 views

01 Jan 0001

There are no fibroid specialists. These are handled by general gynaecologists. Myomectomy, removing only the fibroids, is an option, but this could be difficult if they are very big.
Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.