Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
05 Jul 2010
i am 38yrs old and i have fibroids growing inside my womb the bleeding is bad so is the pain is there anything i can take for the bleeding and pain to lessen as my boyfriend and i would like to have a baby and i do not want to remove my womb as i was told by my gynea
You can try Ponstan, but there is no guarantee that this will help your symptoms. Your doctor could do a myomectomy - removal of the fibroids and not the whole womb. You could discuss this with him/her.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- WATCH | Covid-19 vaccines: Pfizer fast facts
- Is your stuffy nose 'stuffing up' your brain?
- Covid-19 infection indoors: This app can tell you how long it will take to catch the virus
- OPINION | Ivermectin: Why a potential Covid-19 treatment isn’t recommended for use
- Psychologists find a key reason for 'Zoom fatigue' and why women are more susceptible
- Zama Ndlovu | How men with money are ruining politics for the rest of us
- Sifiso Ntombela | SA needs 'inclusive agricultural growth', but what does that mean?
- EXPLAINER | What we know about the day the Coka brothers were killed on an Mpumalanga farm
- INTERVIEW | PSG’s Mouton on executive pay: 'The greatest CEOs, you cannot pay enough'
- Green light for Hlophe participation in Western Cape High Court interviews after Winde agrees to attend
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9438 votes
68% - 20023 votes