Ask an expert

05 Jul 2010

i am 38yrs old and i have fibroids growing inside my womb the bleeding is bad so is the pain is there anything i can take for the bleeding and pain to lessen as my boyfriend and i would like to have a baby and i do not want to remove my womb as i was told by my gynea
Answer 318 views

01 Jan 0001

You can try Ponstan, but there is no guarantee that this will help your symptoms. Your doctor could do a myomectomy - removal of the fibroids and not the whole womb. You could discuss this with him/her.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9438 votes
68% - 20023 votes