Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
04 Apr 2006
Fibroids in the womb
I am 6 weeks pregnant and my gynae did a sonar to check my progress. He detected a number of fibroids in my womb as well. Two are actually quite large. He mentioned that I have nothing to worry about now but I am still worried. My last gynae did not mention these fibroids and I had a full check up (sonar/pap/urine/blood tests) in november 2005. Do you think it will affect my pregnancy in any way?
Fibroids are common and most of the time do not give problems. Sit tight.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- A third of Covid survivors suffer neurological or mental disorders, a new study finds
- Scientists invent home Covid-19 test using coffee machine capsules
- Pfizer vaccines are coming. Here’s how SA could prepare its cold chain
- Are people who had Covid-19 more likely to develop blood clots? Study finds out
- Covid variants have changed the game - vaccines won't be enough. We need global ‘maximum suppression’
- Eskom official went out of her way to help Econ Oil, and linked them up with Gigaba - probe report
- Trichomonas gallinae disease or canker killing birds in Eastern Cape?
- With Edgars now in its stable, how does Legit-owner Retailability compare to its rivals?
- Days of reckoning for Zuma and Hlophe: Will ConCourt and JSC imprison and push to impeach?
- Adriaan Basson | The end of John Mandlakayise Hlophe, a judicial scoundrel and delinquent
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9423 votes
68% - 19865 votes