Ask an expert

10 Jul 2008

I am a 32year old woman with 2 children (youngest aged 3). Recently I have been experiencing farting through my vagina and it is uncontrollable and very embarrasing. He explained what fistula is and that it could be my problem. Do I need to see a gynae regarding this or is there something else I could do (on my own) to stop the problem?
Answer 387 views

01 Jan 0001

I'd suggest that you see a gynaecologist. It is probably not a fistula but may be balloning of the vagina which is trapping air and then releasing it.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9369 votes
67% - 19367 votes