Ask an expert

30 Jul 2006

gender reassignment programs
hi, im a 19 y/o male who has finally gotten the go-ahead for gender reassignment. i was hoping u could refer me to a specialist or physician in the Pta area with whom i can consult on this matter, or atleast give me advice on how to go about starting treatment as soon as possible?

Thanx :) !!

PS: feel free to share my personal info
with whomever u think appropriate.
Answer 386 views

01 Jan 0001

The people who would usually be involved with this would be Gynae Endocrinologists. I don't know anyone specific in Pretoria who deals with gender reassignment, but I would suggest that you phone the Academic Hospital and speak to one of the endocrinologists.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.