Ask an expert

12 Apr 2006

groin pimples
am a 22 year old girl whos been lately suferring from some infections in my private parts.They started when i had unprotected sex with my ex-boyfriend.I have seen like two doctors so far but the changes are minimal and i dont agree with their diagnosis.The first doctor said that i had an infection close to Gonorrhea while the second doctor said that i was sufferiong from an urinary tract infection.The second doctors medication really made a great impact because the lumps/pimples stopped removing pus and they shrank-he gave me erythromycin.Even before i had sex with my Ex i had been having those lumps just before my periods or even after.Am also having some rashes on my face and back,is it acne or the effects of the infection?Please tell me what i may be suffering from so that i can seek quick medical attention.Another question ,what are the major signs of AIDS?could i be having it?
thanks in advance
Answer 363 views

01 Jan 0001

I am not sure why you disagree with your doctors as the medication seems to have helped you. I cannot contribute anything further without an examination.
A rash on the face and back could be due to a number of causes, acne being one.
HIV is usuually asymptomatic till the late stages.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.