Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
21 Jul 2005
Had period 2 wks ago, bleeding heavily now, miscarry?
I just stopped taking the pill about 1 week ago. I had my period on the 7th of this month and by my calculations should have been ovulating this week, but I started bleeding yesterday. It's really heavy and dark, which I'm not used to. Is this just my body adjusting to being off the pill? if yes, how can I have my period so soon after the last one? Should I go to the doctor?
Please have a look at the Top 5 questions.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid then vs Covid now: The emergence of variants and how the virus has evolved
- Could following a vegan diet lead to poor bone health? Here’s what a study found
- Baby infected with coronavirus in the womb - new study
- Experts want greater transparency about delayed skin reactions some people get from Moderna vaccine
- Traditional healers in South Africa are exposed to infection, but few can get protective gear
- The big picture | ‘The loss of humanity’: South Africa and the Global South’s battle for Covid-19 vaccine justice
- What we know about the charges against former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste
- WATCH | 'This was the most death I've dealt with' - Cape Town doctor reflects on a year of Covid-19
- Karyn Maughan | How the WC Judge President has faced 10 major scandals, without any sanction
- Looking back at Patient Zero’s journey
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9378 votes
67% - 19421 votes