Ask an expert

23 Mar 2003

Hard area
Hi Doc

Somewhat of an embarrassing question?
What could be so hard inside a vagina that the penis comes out grazed and sore and red?
Lately after intercourse, my husband complains of being raw on the ride side of his penis?
He says he has felt a rough patch on the inside. Is this on the uterus, and if so what is it?


Answer 394 views

01 Jan 0001

It is unlikely that the redness is due to a hardness or growth in the vagina. An infection is more likely. Sometimes, problems with the male foreskin can also cause discomfort after sex. You and your husband should probably both consult a doctor.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19950 votes