Ask an expert

23 Dec 2004

harden abscess near genital - area
I have a harden abscess kind of thing near my genital area.
but im not sure what it is. At first i thought it was an ingrow hair.
Sometimes it gets smaller and when its irritated with my panty's line it getting bigger and more sensitive then before.
It in my groin area near the pubic area.
What could it be? What could cause this and what will the doctor do? Give me antibiotics or puncture it with a needle?
Answer 538 views

01 Jan 0001

The most likely thing is an ingrown hair. If it is small, you will probably get antibiotics first to see whether it resolves.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.