Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
06 Dec 2004
Hate being pregnant
I don't know if these symptoms are normal. It feels like I am the only one feeling this way. I am 6 weeks pregnant. I wake up every morning feeling sick. I feel so nauseas. I have a terrible migraine and feel so hot and bothered even when it is a bit chilly like today). I don't feel like doing anything. And mainly when you are pregant, you crave certain foods, well I actually feel so nauseas that I have gone off food altogther. I am at the point where I don't eat anything because I feel sick. I have back pain like you cannot beleive and sharp pains in my abdoman. I am tired of feeling this way everyday. I can't even go to the shopping centre without getting back pain and feeling sick. I cannot go out with friends or stay up late anymore. I know that being pregnant is a beautiful thing but I am hating it. Is it normal to feel this way ( mean feeling so sick after only 6 weeks)? Is there any medication I can take?
If you read this webiste, you will see that these symptoms are very common. It gets better after 12 weeks. Try eating small frequent meals and having try toast first thing in the morning. Consult your doctor before taking any medication.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine: Are blood clots and the pausing of SA’s rollout a cause for major concern?
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- 6 unhealthy eating behaviours on the rise during the Covid-19 pandemic
- HIV and cervical cancer: Behind SA’s extraordinarily high numbers
- WATCH | Police continue work to piece together Anele Tembe's final moments
- Zuma faces R25m legal bill after SCA blocks State funding his corruption trial costs
- Markus Jooste's son-in-law involved in R35 million suit against historic wine farm
- Judge Davis: Moyane has much to answer about the degradation of SARS
- Going electric? Infrastructure and technology hurdles must be overcome first - Toyota SA boss
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19934 votes