Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
06 Feb 2004
have not had periods in over 7 weeks.
I have not had my periods in over seven weeks, but pregnancy blood test is negative. Please could you tell me what possible reasons could there be for this condition. I plan to see a gynecologist asap but would still like to know what the reasons could be.
Possible reasons are thyroid disease, overactivity of the milk producing gland, not ovulating, weight loss or gain or chronic diseases such as TB.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Risk of blood clots due to Covid-19 much higher compared to risk associated with vaccine - experts
- Could higher temperatures reduce the spread of Covid-19? New study suggests this may be the case
- OPINION | Covid-19 in India: The deep-rooted issues behind the current crisis
- Why we remember more by reading – especially print – than from audio or video
- 10 ways to make yourself poop first thing in the morning
- 'We are sitting on a timebomb' - Covid-19 MAC members raise concerns about variant found in India
- R1.4bn dodgy deal for Kusile coolers: Why former Eskom execs' cars, houses are being seized
- Zama Ndlovu | The future of SA's unions envisaged - thanks to a Chinese factory in the US
- Fassi cranking up his case for Bok fullback berth
- Hlophe lawyer guilty of contempt of court, must hand over Porsche or face jail time
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9463 votes
68% - 20183 votes