Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
13 Jul 2005
Help me understand please?
For the last 3 months I have been off my pill, the last 5 off Zyban, I have also picked up more than enough weight! I am about 1.66m and weight 67 the last time I checked. I would love to hear this is not to bad, but if you've seen my arse in a Truworths changing room.... I do eat more than when I smoked, but I eat a little the whole time, I keep it to things like dried fruit, nuts, provitas, my main meal is at about 6:30 and I have a glass of wine a night. Going off the pill and ciggies was just so we can start ttc. I've always been a 12 bottom and 10 top, but I am filling them fully now! I've never had a weight problem, even thought I have never been the sportie type. In 3 months time I will be 30. I don't eat unhealthily, I am taking suplements, no choc's, fizzy drinks. Why?
It sounds like you are snacking too much. Keep a record and you may find that you are eating more than you think.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Could following a vegan diet lead to poor bone health? Here’s what a study found
- Scientists find link between lower daily temperatures and higher rate of transmission of Covid-19
- Traditional healers in South Africa are exposed to infection, but few can get protective gear
- Phone call anxiety: Why so many of us have it, and how to get over it
- Covid: A distorted sense of smell is dangerous but treatable
- High Court judge caught up in maintenance tug of war between ex-husband and daughter
- INTERVIEW | Branches or not, we are SA's largest digital bank and we are not done - Capitec CEO
- Former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste has been charged in Germany. Now what?
- Gauteng DA says it's not defying national leaders by voting to oust Gauteng Premier David Makhura
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Former intelligence head Barry Gilder: 'There is a need for young voices in SA'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9379 votes
67% - 19428 votes