Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
01 Aug 2006
Please help me, I develope a tiny pimple around my anus, its itchy at first and the painful when times goes on. It re-occurs twice in a month, it is so painful but there is no discharge or smell, I apply vaginal cream but it does not help ,could it be herpes and what is the treatment (best) this is making my life hell.........
It could be herpes. The first thing would be to see a doctor to make an accurate diagnosis. If you are having recurrent herpes, Acyclovir can be used to lessen the severity of the attacks.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- Covid-19: Do I still need to wear a mask when vaccinated, and other questions
- Mounting evidence suggests Covid-19 vaccines do reduce transmission. How does this work?
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- Fighting the flu season: Two experts answer key questions about the flu shot
- THE ESKOM FILES | WaBenzi and a house on Jamaican Music Street: Eskom exec's charmed life
- Magashule attempt to suspend Ramaphosa: 'People from other countries were calling' - Duarte
- Atul Gupta says Home Affairs records show no legal reasons for passport denial
- Talks with investors will reduce Rebosis' debt levels significantly - Sisa Ngebulana
- Appointing a man to rule the Balobedu kingdom is 'a plot against women leadership' - historian
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9470 votes
68% - 20279 votes