Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
22 Jan 2004
hormone progesterone during pregnancy
i am 0- and my fiance is 0+. i am suppose to get some treatment, what does the treatment consist of? and when am i suppose to get it? my first appointment is 04/02/04 then i will be almost 12weeks pregnant. is that too late?
If this is your first pregnancy, the treatment is given after delivery. This is in the form of an injection called Rhogam. It prevents antibodies from being formed and causing problems in later pregnancies. Progesterone has nothing to do with blood groups and is only given if there is a problem in early pregnancy. If you have had no complications and are almost 12 weeks, it would not be necessary.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Five a day: Two fruits and three vegetables daily linked to greater life expectancy
- What the latest findings on the 501Y.V2 Covid variant mean for the development of vaccines
- Baby infected with coronavirus in the womb - new study
- Napping in the afternoon can improve memory and alertness – here’s why
- Another coronavirus variant detected in SA, but no reason to panic, says KRISP director
- Why Bheki Cele believes criminals' rights versus those of their victims must be revisited
- Battle of the 'two chiefs': What we know about the allegations against Eskom's De Ruyter
- Crime Intelligence: Night of the long knives sees Peter Jacobs fall
- Local govt elections: IEC to meet with political parties 'sometime this month'
- Mbhazima Shilowa | The DA is looking for crumbs under the table
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9374 votes
67% - 19389 votes