Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
15 Aug 2007
Hot water bath when pregnant
I have been taking baths since i am pregnant and i love bathing in hot water and since it was winter i guess they were really hot. Why is this not good for you? could i have caused damage to my baby in any way. I am now 11 weeks pregnant.
The baby does not have a way of lowering its temperature as adults do. If all is okay with the baby now, there should not be a problem later.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- Are chemicals shrinking your penis and depleting your sperm? Here’s what the evidence really says
- High doses of vitamin D have no effect on severe Covid infection - study
- ‘We have to be alert, not alarmed’ says KRISP director about B.1.617 variant identified in India
- THE ESKOM FILES | La bella vita: The lavish house Eskom exec Hlakudi built with 'bribes'
- 'SA's variant has more mutations' - Prof Karim not overly concerned about India variant
- Sifiso Skenjana | If government wants our trust, getting the budget right is a good start
- 'Nothing concrete so far, let's stop' - Zondo to former Free State DG during testimony
- INSIDE LABOUR | Covid-19 didn't cause union failures - the unions did it themselves
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9467 votes
68% - 20217 votes