Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
02 Feb 2009
How early can pregnancy be detected?
Can you please tell me if a pregnancy test can be done before one has missed a period? We have been trying for two years now have not been able to fall pregnant, My period is only due on the 5th of feb but for the last two weeks have not been feeling good, my breasts are extremely sore, have back ache and nauses. I dont normally have pms so long before my periods starts. Did preg test last week was neg? Can someone please give me some advice!!
You can try a day before your period is due with a blood test, but this may be negative even if you are pregnant.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Are chemicals shrinking your penis and depleting your sperm? Here’s what the evidence really says
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- Rare neurological condition linked to Covid infection in 21 countries
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- ‘We have to be alert, not alarmed’ says KRISP director about B.1.617 variant identified in India
- THE ESKOM FILES | Flashy Eskom exec 'still owes us about a million bucks' says Pretoria builder
- US support on Covid-19 vaccine patents: This is how it happened
- SATURDAY PROFILE | From Sudan to SA: One man's journey from being called a spy to becoming a doctor
- Late interim leader’s son Misuzulu named Zulu king
- SA house prices are showing real growth, index shows
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9467 votes
68% - 20220 votes