Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
14 Sep 2009
How safe are antibiotics?
Hi doc, I am almost 2 weeks late my last periods were on the 3rd of August I was expecting it around the 1st of Sept. I' ve been having like period pains since the time I was expecting my periods they come and go. From last week my nipples are sore especially when I take off the bra. I went to the doc on Friday he did urine test and it was negative he also said I have a mild Urinary Tract infection and gave me Cifloc500, Rhineton, metazol 400mg and Doxycyc 100. I told him I also have itchiness on my VG. I need to know if these medications are safe in the early weeks of pregnancy because I think I am pregnant I am going to take another test by the weekend or next week.
Thanx in advance!
Thanx in advance!
No these antibiotics are not safe in pregnancy. The pregnancy test would be positive by now if you are pregnant and a blood test is the most accurate test to be sure.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: Does exercising really reduce the risk?
- Is it the vaccine technology, used by AstraZeneca and J&J, causing blood clots? No evidence yet
- Efforts to reduce coronavirus spread should focus on airborne transmission, not surfaces
- Why do children fare better than adults when infected with SARS-CoV-2? What latest research says
- Covid-19: New study to probe whether vaccinated people can still spread the virus
- Cape Town fire: UCT working on urgent safety plan to prevent future fire hazards
- Cape Town fire: Did 'heritage' trees and 'ember attacks' outsmart SANParks' fire preparation?
- Gwede Mantashe, Thandi Modise not keen on parliamentary oversight committee on Presidency
- 'I was fulfilling a higher purpose' - Rabbi saves Torah from burning UCT building
- Did Tokyo Sexwale fall for a global conspiracy theory?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9436 votes
68% - 20003 votes