Ask an expert

22 Nov 2004

I need some guidance please...
My husband and I have been married for over a year now. We decided not to wait with having children, since we are both in our 30's already. My husband has a child from a previous marraige, so children is not as important to him, but I would love to have a child or children. It has been a year without me conceiving naturally and I am starting to wonder now. The problem is that my husband goes away with work quite often and then I am sometimes stuck when he is not around when I ovulate. I've been to the gynae this weekend and he suggested that I do a test to see if my tubes are open or not. My husband wants me to wait and said I should not do anything right now. Should I wait till we settle down (which could still be another year), or should I go ahead and do the test? Can I put it on medical aid or do you pay cash for it? Thank you.
Answer 405 views

01 Jan 0001

If you are missing the time of ovualtion, that may be the problem. I assume that you are sure that you are ovulating. It is hard to say whether you should do the test now or later. If you do it now, at least you will have a clearer idea of what the problem may be. Most medical aids do not pay for fertility investigations.
Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.