Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
17 Aug 2007
goodday doc, please can you tell me what cause a bacterial infection, i had been to a gyn and he did a papsmear to see a to why i am not get a period, and the results were that everything is fine, just that i have a bacterial infection. the thing is this before i went to the doctor my husband and i had not been having intercourse for about 2 wks,as we were worried that the something serious wrong with me, only to find out that everything is fine,the reason why i went to see a gync is because i had a tubllar ligation done and i was not getting a period,for the last 3mths, but after been to the gync i had a period now,and it is very heavy bleed!!!
It sounds liek a non-specific bacterila infection, which may just be the normal bacteria that we all have in the vagina. You probably did not ovulate, hence the absent periods followed by a heavy period. You don't say whether your doctor tested for this.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Another coronavirus variant detected in SA, but no reason to panic, says KRISP director
- Scientists find over 100 harmful substances in plastic children’s toys
- Some employees hate team bonding activities, so they should be made entirely voluntary, say researchers
- Do children and teens need to be vaccinated to get the Covid-19 pandemic under control?
- Having trouble sleeping? Here’s the science on 3 traditional bedtime remedies
- Covid-19: Why Solidarity's vaccine procurement plan may not be feasible
- Brian Molefe adamant that Ramaphosa's 'influence' was used to seal dodgy coal deal
- Electoral Bill seeks to protect voters' personal info 'from unreasonable disclosures'
- 'If I get time, I will': Zandile Gumede open to visiting Zuma
- 'Mama, I'm going to play' - final words young boy spoke to his mom before drowning
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9370 votes
67% - 19371 votes