Ask an expert

23 Jul 2008

infection or not
hi doc.
I' ve been having this problem for quite some time now.
first it started everytime my hubby and i have sex i get a burning sensation in my vagina and last a few hours.
then i started getting it every 2nd day with out having sex.
and now the otherday my husband and i had sex he couldnt move once he was in becos it was burning so mucch.
and today i have this itchyness and i see theres like small cuts or pimples.
i have me using canalbe vaginal cream everytime and today when i pput it on itwas burning.maybe becos its open.
please tell me wats the cause of it.
Answer 384 views

01 Jan 0001

It sounds like an infection, possibly thrush. You should use the pessaries and may need tablets like Sporonox as well. Your husband should also be treated . Abstain from sex till it is better.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19307 votes