Ask an expert

08 Mar 2004

I underwent a test to find out if my tubes are blocked. This involved injection of a dye into my uterus through the vagina. What is this test called. Is it possible to become fertile after the test has been done. My doctor told me my tubes are not blocked. Is it possible to fall pregnant. Please advise. I have not started on any fertility treatment but my gynae had mentioned that he will put me on this.
Answer 325 views

01 Jan 0001

It is called an HSG. As the test shows that your tubes are not blocked, there could be other reasons for not falling pregnant, such as not ovulating or a low sperm count in your partner.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9375 votes
67% - 19420 votes