Ask an expert

22 Jan 2008

Please I need help..I am HIV+ and wish to have a child.Apart form my status I also dont get my periods,its been 3 years now...I was once using the injection for 2 yrs.Could I be infertile?Do you know of any gynae who can help...and how much is artificial insemination and where can I do that. I am based in Jo'burg
Answer 393 views

01 Jan 0001

If you are not having periods, this is the first thing to have investigated. I cannot make recommendations on this site, but any gynaecologist should be able to help sort out why you are not having periods.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19974 votes