Ask an expert

23 Feb 2004

Ipv die man se operasie omkeer, makliker manier?
Is daar nie 'n makliker manier nie deur bv die man se saadselle te "onttrek" en dan die vrou KI te gee nie?
Answer 638 views

01 Jan 0001

Yes, this is called ICSI whereby sperm are extracted via a needle directly from the testis. used to fertilise the egg and the embryo is then put back into the woman. It would not work to take the sperm and inseminate them into the vagina because therw would be too few to have a fertilising ability.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.