Ask an expert

28 Jul 2010

Irregula Periods
In the past few months, i missed my periods, went for pregnancy tests but all cma eback negative, eventually i visited my GP and she said my hormones were imbalanced, therefore put me on Yasmin [i am still on it] once on Yasmin i have been getting my period, this is my third month will my period go back to normal? should i rather go see a Gynaecologist? i have had trouble trying to fing Gunaecologist around Randburg [prefarably one that accepts medical aid - i am on Discovery] please help
Answer 480 views

01 Jan 0001

You should see a gynaecologist at some stage to see what the cause of he hormone problem is.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19975 votes