Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
10 Feb 2004
Hi, I've been using Nordette since 2000 and Dec 2003 i have stopped. Jan 2004 i saw my period x2 (7 Jan -11) and (21Jan -25) , again was on the (5th Feb - 8), Can you please explain what is the course of these. Went to GP and he gave me 3 pack of OVRAL said i must take them for 3 months then my periods will be normal again. Does this work or what else i should take so that it must regular period.
It is normal to have some irregularity of the cycle as your body adjusts to being off the Pill. This can last for 3 months after stopping. I don't think that the OVral will really help in the long run, as you may have the same problem when you stop it. The best thing is to wait it out till your body adjusts to its own hormones again.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Blood type A may increase Covid-19 risk, study finds
- Best evidence on Covid-19 vaccines, immunity and whether the virus will become endemic or seasonal
- Four Covid-related skin complaints everyone should look out for
- Seven tips for choosing healthier drinks, and avoiding that hangover
- Tailored diets are essential for mental health, according to new research
- Police minister to 'seek clarity' on claims News24 journalist 'bugged'
- Ralph Mathekga | Mkhwebane inquiry: Where does the loyalty of the ANC caucus lie?
- North West intervention: 'Let's not mention names' - committee chair tells MPs
- Brian Molefe: I have no regrets that I knew the Guptas
- Reprimand or worse? What could happen if Mogoeng fails to retract 'brazenly defiant' Israel comments
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9380 votes
67% - 19472 votes