Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
04 Jul 2005
Is it true...
Is it true that taking a hot bath or drinking hot bevarages might cause miscarriages? What can cause it?
Hot beverages certainly will not cause harm. Having hot baths can push your temperature up and the fetus cannot compensate for this, so it is not a good idea.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Risk of blood clots due to Covid-19 much higher compared to risk associated with vaccine - experts
- Could higher temperatures reduce the spread of Covid-19? New study suggests this may be the case
- Why we remember more by reading – especially print – than from audio or video
- OPINION | Covid-19 in India: The deep-rooted issues behind the current crisis
- 10 ways to make yourself poop first thing in the morning
- Appeasing Hitler didn't work, and it won't work with Magashule, says ANC stalwart Mavuso Msimang
- SEE | Families of 3 killed by bomb fear more deaths could result from unfenced army base in Makhanda
- Hawks' wings clipped by exodus of detectives and shrinking budget, Parliament hears
- 'Disrespected' Mpofu lays unprofessional conduct complaint against advocate he told to shut up
- Police in crisis: Inside Bheki Cele's stunning dressing down of top cop Khehla Sitole
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9463 votes
68% - 20185 votes