Ask an expert

26 Feb 2004

Large vagina
Please advise if it is possible to have an operation to tighten the pelvic area or is this only possible with the kegel exercises.

Answer 410 views

01 Jan 0001

If there is prolapse, this can be corrected surgically. It is also possible to do an operation to tighten the vagina,but you should consider this very carefully as there are possible complications such as scarring and lack of flexibility of the tissues.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9379 votes
67% - 19431 votes