Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
19 Jul 2010
My period started on the correct day this month with the usual breast soreness, headache and teariness (which is now all gone as it normally does by now), but I am now on day 3 and it is extremely light - even day 2 was much lighter than normal. I also normally suffer a bit with discomfort during ovulation - but this month, not much. What could be going on? I am extremely anxious it''s suddenly going to get very heavy. I am in thirties, but on no contraceptives.
The occasional 'different 'period is quite common. variety of factors such as stress, diet, exercise can cause this. I would suggest that you wait and see what the next period is like.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Is your stuffy nose 'stuffing up' your brain?
- OPINION | Ivermectin: Why a potential Covid-19 treatment isn’t recommended for use
- Scientists warn against videos alleged to be showing adverse Covid-19 vaccine side effects
- Energy drink habit puts man in hospital with heart failure
- Frequently interrupted sleep increases the risk of death, especially in women
- ANALYSIS | The ANC's tactics to control Parliament laid bare at Zondo commission
- Zondo commission: Zuma relied on alleged lack of security clearance to institute inquiry against Nxasana
- ANALYSIS | Daniel Mminele's sudden departure is about more than Absa losing its first black CEO
- Karyn Maughan | Zuma lawyers quit: Will the 'broke' former president’s trial ever get started?
- Rainbow Cup 'SA' … more derbies, but they COULD dazzle
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9439 votes
68% - 20031 votes