Ask an expert

26 Feb 2004

Locating a gynae - pelvic walls
I have abig vagina and need an operation. Do all gynaes do operations to tighten the pelvic floor. Any idea with costs? How long does it take before one can have sex again. How many days will I spend in hospital.
Answer 351 views

01 Jan 0001

This is not a specialised operation so all gynaecologists can do it. However, you should consider this carefully before you have it done. As with any form of surgery, there are side effects. In this case, scarring and overtightness of the vagina can occur.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.