Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
13 Apr 2006
Long cycle after stopping pill
I stopped the pill at the end of Jan, my first period came 34 days later and my second period came 38 days after that. Is it normal to have such long cycles after stopping the pill? Is there anything that I can take to help shorten it or am I just one of those people who will have long cycles?
It can take a few months for your body to readjust to being off the Pill.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- What the latest findings on the 501Y.V2 Covid variant mean for the development of vaccines
- Napping in the afternoon can improve memory and alertness – here’s why
- Covid-19 damages the heart by killing its muscle cells, study finds
- Baby infected with coronavirus in the womb - new study
- Why do lungs ‘wheeze’? Scientists tried to find out
- Why Bheki Cele believes criminals' rights versus those of their victims must be revisited
- Battle of the 'two chiefs': What we know about the allegations against Eskom's De Ruyter
- OBITUARY | Karima Brown: 'A fearless commitment to having necessary conversations'
- Crime Intelligence: Night of the long knives sees Peter Jacobs fall
- SME banker Sasfin's earnings plunge two-thirds as bad debt provision almost triples
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9375 votes
67% - 19394 votes