Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
07 Dec 2005
Loop Diathermy, is this normal?
I had a loop diathermy 4 weeks ago and both inbetween the 4 weeks and the day after the 4 weeks, I seem to be experiencing heavy bleeding like a normal period. My cycle is usually every 6 weeks so both periods do not form part of my normal cycle. I also had a bacterial infection from the procedure and I'm concerned things aren't right as I'm so tired everyday for the last 2 weeks, with no energy. Is this normal I feel foolish to keep bothering the hospital as they will think I'm a hypercondriact?
Your cycle can change after the procedure. The bleeding after the procedure was probably related to this. The later bleed could have been from infection. Wait a while and see what happens.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- Physical inactivity linked to higher risk of severe Covid-19, hospitalisation and death
- OPINION | Change your diet to change your cancer risk
- OPINION | Blood clot risks: comparing the AstraZeneca vaccine and the contraceptive pill
- Experts don't expect J&J vaccine rollout to be paused for long - but suspension the right move
- INTERVIEW | I was misunderstood about alcohol bans, says Sue Goldstein amid interview furore
- Jail me, Zuma dares ConCourt as chief justice plays politics in JSC interviews
- ANC dismissed first Gupta allegations because its 'analysis' found newspapers were racist - Mantashe
- Is Judge John Hlophe above the law? Join us at the Editors' Table to discuss his fate
- Not having access to mental health treatment a violation of human rights - expert
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19962 votes