Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
02 Mar 2004
lumps in ovary
i am 26 years old.a routine scan (18 months ago) during pregnancy revealed a lump in my ovary.a second scan a month ago showed that lump had shrunk but there was a second,smaller one. i have a pain on side the lumps are on and periods are heavier since childbirth but gynaecologist said that cannot be cause of pain cos lumps not putting pressure on walls,biggest one is slightly bigger in size than a grape. he said removal not necessary as womb may be removed. Will the lumps spread and get bigger?is there way of removal that does not need my entire reproductive system to be taken out? isnt leaving the lumps in a risk?
Perhaps you mean ovarian cysts rather than lumps. It sounds like the cysts you have are very small and do not need any treatment. Many times these small cysts are quite normal. I agree with your doctor that it would not be the cause of your pain. Simple cysts do not cause any risk. It would certainly not spread. It is possible that it could get bigger, but unlikely if nothing has changed in 18 months.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Five a day: Two fruits and three vegetables daily linked to greater life expectancy
- Another coronavirus variant detected in SA, but no reason to panic, says KRISP director
- Baby infected with coronavirus in the womb - new study
- Immune response in some Covid-19 patients different to those in other respiratory viruses - study
- Napping in the afternoon can improve memory and alertness – here’s why
- Electoral Bill seeks to protect voters' personal info 'from unreasonable disclosures'
- 'Mama, I'm going to play' - final words young boy spoke to his mom before drowning
- Move to Level 1 won't move the dial on growth outlook – economists
- Covid-19: Why Solidarity's vaccine procurement plan may not be feasible
- Brian Molefe adamant that Ramaphosa's 'influence' was used to seal dodgy coal deal
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9371 votes
67% - 19387 votes