Ask an expert

28 Jun 2010

I would like to have a mammogram done because i am experiencing pain in my right breast  however, the radiologists that i have contacted will only conduct a mammogram if i get a referral from my gynae. This is not only time consuming, but expensive, too. Do you know of any radiologists who will cut through the crap and do a mammogram at my request/
Answer 512 views

01 Jan 0001

The reason for the need for referral ( it can be your GP) is that someone needs to know what to do with the result after you have had the mammogram.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19939 votes