Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
03 Feb 2004
Medikasie en swangerskap
Ek gebruik tans die volgende medikasie. Aropax 20mg. Leponex 25mg, Limictin 50mg en PurBlocka 40mg daagliks. Is daar enige van hierdie medikasie wat ek summier sal moet stop as ek verwagtend raak en hoekom? As ek dit summier moet stop sal my baba nie ontrekkingsiptome ondervind nie, want ek sal tog nie weet ek verwag van die oomblik van verwekking ag nie?
It would be better to change from Aropax to Prozac during pregnancy. Leponex has not really been studied in pregnancy, but animal studies have not shown any birth defects. Purblocka is not ideal to use in pregnancy and I cannot find Limictin in the Drug reference manual. Before changing any treatment, you should discuss this with your doctor and you will have to weigh up the risks versus the benefits. It may also be possible to adjust your medication to ones that are more suitable in pregnancy.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Low risk of third Covid wave in SA, but country still ‘highly vulnerable’, Wits AI model suggests
- Scientists invent home Covid-19 test using coffee machine capsules
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- Obesity, diabetes not only increases risk of severe Covid - it increases the risk of being infected
- 10 ways to make yourself poop first thing in the morning
- Days of reckoning for Zuma and Hlophe: Will ConCourt and JSC imprison and push to impeach?
- With Edgars now in its stable, how does Legit-owner Retailability compare to its rivals?
- Eskom official went out of her way to help Econ Oil, and linked them up with Gigaba - probe report
- Adriaan Basson | The end of John Mandlakayise Hlophe, a judicial scoundrel and delinquent
- Trichomonas gallinae disease or canker killing birds in Eastern Cape?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9425 votes
68% - 19881 votes