Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
08 Feb 2004
Menstrual cycle change
I have lost 11 kg in the past 7 months,with about 7 in the last 3.I've recently left my husband, mentally & emotionally I'm doing well. What is concerning me is that my cycle has changed dramatically.I usually bleed for about 5 days,ranging from very mild to heavy then back again.I have been bleeding for the past 18 days.First 3/4 days were only spotting & now it's very mild. I know stress & sudden weight loss can change your cycle, but should I be worried or even go see someone?
Stress and weight loss should not cause an 18 day bleed. I would suggest that you see your gynaecologist.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: Does exercising really reduce the risk?
- How Taiwan beat Covid-19 – new study reveals clues to its success
- Efforts to reduce coronavirus spread should focus on airborne transmission, not surfaces
- Is it the vaccine technology, used by AstraZeneca and J&J, causing blood clots? No evidence yet
- Psychologists find a key reason for 'Zoom fatigue' and why women are more susceptible
- Cape Town fire: UCT working on urgent safety plan to prevent future fire hazards
- Cape Town fire: Did 'heritage' trees and 'ember attacks' outsmart SANParks' fire preparation?
- Gwede Mantashe, Thandi Modise not keen on parliamentary oversight committee on Presidency
- 'I was fulfilling a higher purpose' - Rabbi saves Torah from burning UCT building
- Did Tokyo Sexwale fall for a global conspiracy theory?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9436 votes
68% - 20006 votes