Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
03 Apr 2007
Hi, I'm 26 years old. I'm overweight. And married for 5 years. When I got married, I started to have menstruation problems. Most of the times I would start one week to two weeks late. But each month I did have my cycle. After a while it always started on day 35. But this month I had most of the symptoms that I'm pregnant. I was naseusa, my breast was very tender but only the tepeel part, I had to go to the toilet more often and I was very moody. My cycle also didn't start on time. But because of the previous experiences I didn't do a pregnancy test, but waited for one and a half week. Then suddenly I started but it was only few drops in the beginning. Later it got more, but was watery and thick pieces came out., but was still less than my normal bleeding. I also struggled to get pregnant. But my breast stayed tender, and is still tender. Not the whole breast but only the tepeel part. What can be the possible cause? And is it possible that I can be pregnant?
Pregnancy is possible but it is more likely that you have a hormonal disturbance which is causing your irregular periods. You should consult your gynaecologist about this.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- Trying to cut down on your meat intake? Experts suggest you should just look at it
- Fighting the flu season: Two experts answer key questions about the flu shot
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- WATCH | How face masks protect you against Covid-19
- THE ESKOM FILES | Money for jam: StefStocks, Basil Read accused of fleecing millions from Kusile 'scheme'
- State alleges Nafiz Modack manages criminal enterprise
- How the EFF wants to change the Constitution
- Bruce Cameron | What you need to know about disability assurance and mental health
- Unfriendly fire: Top cop Khehla Sitole, fired Crime Intelligence boss Peter Jacobs trade blame over Kinnear murder
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9473 votes
68% - 20305 votes