Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
14 Nov 2006
Mercilon post preg
Hi, I had a caesar on the 14th June and then breast fed my daughter for just short of 2 months. I had my first mentrual cycling in Septemebr and my gynae put me on mercilon. My first period lasted for about 4 weeks and I have been bleeding on and off since then. The only time I never bled was when I was supposed to on the pill cycle. I have now started again but it seems to come and go. I was wondering whether it takes a while for your body and cycle to adapt and if this is normal. The bleeding is also accompanied by pains at the top of my stomach - almost in the bottom of my rib cage right across my stomach - could these be connected? Can you please advise what you think I should do.
It can take a while for your body to adjust to a new Pill but the pains are not normal. I would suggest that you see your doctor again.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Low risk of third Covid wave in SA, but country still ‘highly vulnerable’, Wits AI model suggests
- Some form of long-term symptom lingers in one in 10 who had mild Covid-19, new study finds
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- SEE: Woman’s nose collapses due to rare autoimmune disorder
- HIV and cervical cancer: Behind SA’s extraordinarily high numbers
- Zuma faces R25m legal bill after SCA blocks State funding his corruption trial costs
- Top cop Sitole and key generals look to SCA for salvation
- 'State-owned pharmaceutical manufacturer exists only in name, has no assets' - Blade Nzimande
- Why birds in the Eastern Cape have been 'dropping dead from the sky'
- Court rules New York land tender 'should stand', says Dirco's explanation is 'unconvincing'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9428 votes
68% - 19907 votes