Ask an expert

08 Jul 2005

Hi ladies

I don't know but I think I'm totally blank when coming to some of the things. Can you explain to me how midwifery works, how do they charge compared to gynaes and where can one get one. Anyway, before suggesting to get one, are they as good as gynaes or a lot better? I do have a gynae but I feel I feel it's a lot expensive for me now.

Please explain to me, especially how they operate!!!

Your help will be highly appreciated.
Answer 688 views

01 Jan 0001

Midwives are nurses trained in normal births. Gynaecologists handle problems. If you see a midwife, you should always have a gynaecologist to back her up in case of problems.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.