Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
07 Jul 2005
Kan enige iemand my help met die beskrywing van miome? My sister is swanger en daar is miome in haar baarmoeder. Dit groei en is al amper grooter as die baba. Ek wil net uitvind of die die baba of haar in gevaar stel. HElp asb
Fibroids are growths in the uterus. From what you have described, they are very big in your sister. They can cause problems at the time of delivery as she may need a caesarean. This might be more difficult becuase of the fibroid in the way. If the placenta is implanted over the fibroid, it can interfere with blood supply to the baby, but this is not very common
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Low risk of third Covid wave in SA, but country still ‘highly vulnerable’, Wits AI model suggests
- Scientists invent home Covid-19 test using coffee machine capsules
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- Late-night snacks may negatively impact your work performance
- 10 ways to make yourself poop first thing in the morning
- Days of reckoning for Zuma and Hlophe: Will ConCourt and JSC imprison and push to impeach?
- With Edgars now in its stable, how does Legit-owner Retailability compare to its rivals?
- Eskom official went out of her way to help Econ Oil, and linked them up with Gigaba - probe report
- Adriaan Basson | The end of John Mandlakayise Hlophe, a judicial scoundrel and delinquent
- Trichomonas gallinae disease or canker killing birds in Eastern Cape?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9425 votes
68% - 19881 votes