Ask an expert

23 Jan 2004

Mirelle contraceptive
Dear Doc. My docter prescribed Mirelle, not for preventing pregnancy but to keep my endometriosis away after my op. I suffer from headaces, vaginal dryness, no sex drive, mood swings and very heavy painful periods and nausea ever since I started using Mirelle. I would like to know which oral contraceptive can I substitute it for that will also keep my endometriosis away. I have used Triphasil and Nordette before without any side effects.
Answer 4,383 views

01 Jan 0001

Either Triphasil or Nordette would be fine.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9365 votes
67% - 19340 votes