Ask an expert

17 Aug 2010


I tested positive on a home pregnancny test about two months ago...I started bleeding two weeks later and I wanted to go to the doctor but because it wasn''t painful I kept putting it off. It went on until something fell out which I think was the embryo (a blood clot covered in skin or something...which I think is the placenta). I hadn''t planned to fall pregnant so I wasn''t too affected by it, although I do wonder what may have caused it.

A month or so later, the bleeding has stopped completely and I even had a normal period (4 days) not so long ago. I''m not one to go to doctors unless I absolutely need to. So I''m wondering, should I go see a gynae and what are the things I should be concerned about that I should make sure are addressed at my visit.

Thank you.
Answer 389 views

01 Jan 0001

It sounds like you had a complete miscarriage. As you did not see a doctor at the time, there is probably no need to go now, unless you have any symptoms. If yu are sexually active, you should of course have regular pap smears.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.