Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
26 Jan 2004
my sincere appologies to the gynea
I replied to a girl named scared. I was really worried about her, she could have had a ectopic(not sure if this is the right word) pregnancy, or so she thought. A friend of mine had the same symptoms, i was really scared fo her, since i am on my first pregnancy and can't image what it would be like if i have to loose my baby now, i was anctious for the doc to answer her question, this was no laughing matter. i just asked why the doc doesn't answer her question. i know you are busy doc, but i think you should probably get "students" good students off course ;-) to help out a bit. I think they should have 2 gynea's on this site to answer the urgent questions... no hard feeling intended on the gynea. And to anyone else who i might have been rude to in my answer, sorry, i didn't mean to be. i am a very direct person and doesn't always realise that what i say may hurt other people, this is a great site and i don't want to spoil it, so i am really sorry.
I think that the idea is to realise what the purpose of a forum such as this is. It is basically a site where people can obtain more information on problems. It is not a consulting service and it does not replace seeking medical attention. The questions asked are very brief summaries compared to the full assessment you haev when seeing a doctor. Therefore there are two different functions. The function of the forum is to provide basic advice, clarify some issues that may be hard to understand and to point people in the right direction. It cannot be used as an emergency service and any urgent or serious problems should be seen by a doctor.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Type 2 diabetes: Sitting can cause problems with blood sugar levels, so get up and move
- How quickly do we become unfit?
- Mixing Pfizer and AstraZeneca Covid vaccines increases mild side effects, early results show
- Covid-19 virus a triple threat: Study exposes how it outsmarts the immune system
- Trying to cut down on your meat intake? Experts suggest you should just look at it
- Phase 2 of SA's ambitious Covid-19 vaccination drive gets underway countrywide
- If Zuma is ready to go on trial, why is he bringing another doomed case against the NPA?
- State capture: Geoff Makhubo denies his influence was bought
- Covid-19: Govt scrambles as third wave looms
- Serjeant at the Bar | The JSC should not claim it can preserve the legitimacy of the judicial system
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20327 votes