Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
23 Feb 2004
Nauseas and Ovulation
I get very nauseas when I ovulate for about a week or so. I wake up at night thinking I'm going to throw up and just feel constant waves of nauseas which is not affected by whether or not I eat. It's quite debilitating! It only happens every second or third menstrual cycle. I don't have medical aid and when I went to my gp she said I should try taking starflower oil capsules or go on the pill. Is there no other way of getting rid of this? I don't want to go on the pill because then you get your periods like every month whereas now I get it every 40 - 60 days only. Is there something wrong with me? I'm in my mid twenties, healthy and fit. Please help! I'm desperate.
If you are only having a period every 40-60 days, there is an imbalance in your hormones. You should see a doctor to have this sorted out as it can have complications in the long term. If you cannot afford a private doctor, a government hospital will help you.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Low risk of third Covid wave in SA, but country still ‘highly vulnerable’, Wits AI model suggests
- Some form of long-term symptom lingers in one in 10 who had mild Covid-19, new study finds
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- SEE: Woman’s nose collapses due to rare autoimmune disorder
- HIV and cervical cancer: Behind SA’s extraordinarily high numbers
- Striking SAA pilots could have had almost R1bn now if they agreed to settle, leaked doc shows
- Storm in a teacup? Rooibos farmers fear the worst as they await price fate
- ANC deputy chief whip called a “fool” by EFF MPL
- There’s 'nothing special' about it: JSC feels 'no pressure' to finalise John Hlophe matter
- Will the ANCYL's new task team be able to fix the youth wing?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9428 votes
68% - 19907 votes